The Hotel School Sydney
The Hotel School Sydney prepares well-rounded graduates for employment in hotel, tourism and services management positions in Australia and abroad. The courses focus on hotel operational skills, management practice in the tourism and hospitality industry and the skills needed for continued learning in a changing global business surrounding. The school develop dedicated specialist with qualifications that are recognised and highly regarded worldwide
About UsThe Hotel School is the only school in the Asia Pacific region which is owned and operated as an integral part of one of Australia's leading five-star hotels, InterContinental Sydney. Since its inception in 1989, all students have been employed as a compulsory part of our unique first year program and have consequently established valuable industry networks for the duration of their academic studies and later careers. In 1996, The Hotel School joined with Southern Cross University to form a partnership to offer a higher level of education to students. The School of Tourism and Hospitality Management, winner in many years of the NSW Awards for Excellence in Tourism Industry Education, has been a leader in providing degrees in tourism and hospitality. In 2000, The Hotel School also was victorious in the NSW Tourism Awards of the Decade for Industry Training¿ and in 2004, was voted Best Training Initiative by the Australian Hotels Association.
Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management
LocationThe Hotel School is placed in Macquarie Street, a short walk to the Sydney CBD, nearby Sydney Harbour, the Opera House and Botanical Gardens. Extensive facilities and services for students include:
* 7 lecture rooms, with TV/Video and cinema size data projectors.
* Software training on current hotel management programmes and systems
* Well equipped computer labs with free Internet access, email and printers.
* InterContinental''s Treasury Restaurant is hosted by Hotel School students weekly from March through November.
* First Year students have a practical training ground either at the InterContinental, Sydney, a 496 room 5 star hotel or one of the many 5 star hotels in Sydney with whom the School has close working links.
In addition to these appliance on-site, Hotel School students also have access to extensive resources offered by Southern Cross,involving:
* Excellent online Library resources including ejournals, databases, fulltext journals and access to experienced reference librarians
* Computing resources including online support and helpdesk facilities
* MySCU, a dedicated website specifically developed for enrolled students
* Access to the resources of the Internship Office at the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
AccommodationThe school presents several types of housing around Sydney which suit all student needs. The accommodation providers as follows:
- Meridian Homestay Services
- Greenwich Village Accommodation
- Flo Harris Lodge
- Stead House – Salvation Army
- Arundel House
If you like to know more about the different options please contact us for assistance!
To find out course fees, intake dates, entry requirements and more details about courses and the Institute please click on the Enquiry button and complete our form.