Master of Religious Education
- Ballarat Campus Vic
- Brisbane Campus Qld
- Canberra Campus ACT
- Melbourne Campus Vic
- Strathfield Campus NSW
- Nationally, online
Minimum duration: 1 year full-time or equivalent part-time.
- Four year Bachelor degree in Education; or
- Bachelor degree in an area other than Education and a Graduate Diploma in Education; and
- substantive studies in Theology and Religious Education to fourth year level.
This course offers a relevant, flexible and challenging Masters degree directed to the needs of candidates who will assume positions of responsibility in an increasingly diverse field of religious education. Candidates will have a specialist interest in the subject at school, parish, or diocesan level. The program will enable religious educators to become thinkers, researchers, evaluators and leaders in their field.
At the completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
- access and communicate Christian and other religious traditions effectively;
- explore and critique issues in the literature of religious education;
- contribute to the professional discussion and writing in the field of religious education;
- demonstrate familiarity with creative approaches to religious education;
- assess the influence of cultural and historical factors in the development of religious education;
- reflect critically on the integration of the personal, spiritual and professional dimensions of religious education.
Back to Australian Catholic University
To enrol and find out course fees, intake dates, entry requirements and more details about courses and the Institute please click on the Enquiry button and complete our form and one of our staff member will get back to you very soon.