Master of Music
- Melbourne Campus Vic
- Strathfield Campus NSW
Minimum duration: 1 year full-time or equivalent part-time.
- Graduate Diploma in Music (Performance or Composition) or equivalent; and
- prerequisites for the particular studies to be undertaken in the course;
- audition (live or recorded) or submission of a folio of compositions may be required for applicants who are graduates of other universities.
The Master of Music course aims to engage graduates to acquire highly informed and developed skills in specialised areas of composition or public performance.
It is expected that graduates of the course will be able to demonstrate:
- the capacity to prepare and perform substantial public recitals of high professional standard and with a particular focus;
- composition and presentation of substantial and cohesive musical works of a high professional standard;
- highly developed performance or compositional technique;
- utilisation of musicological knowledge and method to inform their performance or composition;
- effective communication of their own knowledge and understanding of music;
- skills in researching, developing and presenting a scholarly commentary on a designated performance or composition;
- professional and ethical behaviour, reflecting the ethos of the University's Mission, which supports the uniqueness and dignity of each person.
Back to Australian Catholic University
To enrol and find out course fees, intake dates, entry requirements and more details about courses and the Institute please click on the Enquiry button and complete our form and one of our staff member will get back to you very soon.