Master of Arts (Theology)
- Ballarat Campus Vic
- Brisbane Campus Qld
- Canberra Campus ACT
- Melbourne Campus Vic
- Strathfield Campus NSW
- Nationally, online
Minimum duration: 1 year full-time or equivalent part-time.
Graduate Diploma in arts (Theology)
(Exit qualification only)
Minimum duration: 6 months full-time or equivalent part-time.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent; and
- theological studies equivalent to the Graduate Certificate in Arts (Theology); or
- a four unit undergraduate minor in theological studies.
The Master of Arts (Theology) is a generalist postgraduate coursework degree which provides a pathway for graduates without substantial theological background to gain a foundation in the study of Christian theology; and, for graduates with at least an undergraduate major in theology, the course enables them to deepen their knowledge and skills in theology.
This course is designed to enable students to:
- study the meaning and practice of Christian theology within the Catholic tradition;
- develop and enhance a critical academic understanding of the Christian scriptures, the history of the Christian tradition, the systematic and doctrinal heritage of Christian theology, and the moral and practical dimensions of Christian faith;
- engage with contemporary social and ethical issues, ecumenical and interfaith contexts, and the relevance of theology to human culture;
- articulate the inter-relationships between theology and particular vocational, professional and pastoral activities.
Back to Australian Catholic University
To enrol and find out course fees, intake dates, entry requirements and more details about courses and the Institute please click on the Enquiry button and complete our form and one of our staff member will get back to you very soon.