Master of Accounting
DURATION: 2 years full time
ENTRY POINTS: March/July/November
The Master of Accounting is professionally recognized with accreditation from CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. There are three streams of study depending on your educational requirements:
- Professional Qualification: for non-accounting degree holders. It qualifies you as an accountant and satisfies the educational requirements for Associate Membership of The Professional Accounting Bodies
- Professional Accounting Education: for those with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in accounting who want choice of subjects for their continuing professional education
- Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA): for those with a professionally recognised accounting qualification who wish to complete their educational requirement for CPA status within a Masters program.
COURSE OBJECTIVES The objectives of the Master of Accounting include:
- The opportunity for students to gain technical skills and conceptual knowledge in financial accounting, management accounting, finance, auditing and assurance, commercial and corporations law, taxation, information systems, economics and quantitative methods essential for the professional accountant in today s global environment.
- Developing generic skills commonly applied in practice and valued by employers and professional bodies including analytic, appreciative, personal and interpersonal skills.
- The opportunity for students with a Bachelor degree in other disciplines to gain entry to the accounting profession.
- A course of study more closely aligned to professional accounting requirements by reducing duplication of curriculum areas.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS To qualify for admission to the course an applicant must have completed a Bachelor degree or diploma with relevant work experience.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must have 3 years work experience in a related accounting field and Diploma of Accounting Certificate.
- Applicants must have 2 years work experience in a related accounting field and an Advanced Diploma of Accounting Certificate.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6
- Internet-based TOEFL score of 92 with no section score less than 22
- Computer-based TOEFL score of 237 with an Essay Rating (ER) score of 5
- EAP University Preparation at English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS)
- BAO5522 Managerial Accounting
- BAO5524 Professional Auditing
- BAO5534 Business Finance
- BAO5535 Issues In Contemporary Accounting
- BAO5543 Accounting Systems And Processes
- BEO6600 Business Economics
- BLO5540 Business And Company Law
- BAO5525 Financial And Corporate Accounting
- BAO5734 Financial Analysis
- BAO5746 Managerial Control Systems
- BAO5748 Financial Services Communication
- BAO6714 Computerised Accounting in ERP Systems
- BAO7742 Business Research Methods
- BCO6603 Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (SAP Based)
- BCO6604 Customer Relationship Management (SAP Based)
- BMO5565 HR Information Systems (SAP Based)
Back to Victoria University Sydney City Campus
To enrol and find out course fees, intake dates, entry requirements and more details about courses and the Institute please click on the Enquiry button and complete our form and one of our staff member will get back to you very soon.