Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
DURATION: 1 year full time
ENTRY POINTS: March/July/November
If you have a Bachelor degree in a non-accounting discipline, this eight-unit course provides entry to the accounting profession. If you have a business-related undergraduate degree, it offers a further accounting specialization.
You will be provided with the technical, analytical, appreciative, personal and interpersonal skills essential in today’s global environment. This course is recognized with accreditation from CPA Australia
The Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting gives greater flexibility to students with a business related undergraduate degree, by offering a further accounting specialization which satisfies entry into CPA Australia.
The objectives of the Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting include:
- Providing an opportunity for students to gain technical skills and conceptual knowledge in financial accounting, management accounting, finance, auditing and assurance, commercial and corporations law, taxation, information systems, economics and quantitative methods essential for the professional accountant in today’s global environment.
- Developing generic skills commonly applied in practice and valued by employers and professional bodies including analytic, appreciative, personal and interpersonal skills.
- Providing an opportunity for students with a Bachelor degree in other disciplines to gain entry to the accounting profession.
- Providing local students with a shorter (8 unit) route to membership of CPA Australia.
To qualify for admission to the course an applicant must have completed a Bachelor degree or diploma with relevant work experience.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants must have 3 years work experience in a related accounting field and Diploma of Accounting Certificate.
- Applicants must have 2 years work experience in a related accounting field and an Advanced Diploma of Accounting Certificate.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no band less than 6
- Internet-based TOEFL score of 92 with no section score less than 22
- Computer-based TOEFL score of 237 with an Essay Rating (ER) score of 5
- EAP University Preparation at English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS)
- BAO5522 Managerial Accounting
- BAO5524 Professional Auditing
- BAO5534 Business Finance
- BAO5535 Issues In Contemporary Accounting
- BAO5543 Accounting Systems And Processes
- BEO6600 Business Economics
- BLO5540 Business And Company Law
- BAO5525 Financial And Corporate Accounting
Back to Victoria University Sydney City Campus
To enrol and find out course fees, intake dates, entry requirements and more details about courses and the Institute please click on the Enquiry button and complete our form and one of our staff member will get back to you very soon.