Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences
DURATION: 3 years full time
ENTRY POINTS: February
• The right mix of theory and hands-on laboratory experiences, so you can apply what you learn in a practical capacity.
• Only program of its kind in Australia that is offered by distance education or on-campus, either full-time or part-time.
• Incorporates two placements of work-integrated learning, one clinically-based and one sport-based.
Exercise and sport science is a multidisciplinary ﬁ eld that enables you to understand and appreciate human movement as it applies to human ﬁ tness, elite performance, family and community health, lifestyle management, occupational health and safety, and personal health. Core studies in this program focus on exercise physiology, biomechanics, motor control, exercise and sport psychology, and anatomy. This gives you a comprehensive understanding of health and the factors that inﬂuence it.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Sciences have the expertise to enter a wide variety of employment ﬁ elds both in Australia and overseas. The opportunities exist in sporting organisations, corporate health and ﬁ tness, professional sports training coaching and development, government agencies associated with exercise, health and sport, and even self employment. Some of the most popular career choices of graduates from this degree include:
• Personal trainer
• Physical activity ofﬁ cer
• Rehabilitation case worker
• Sports administrator
• Sports coach
• Sports development ofﬁ cer
• Sports journalist
Graduates may be eligible to apply for registration with Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA).
Some courses require the completion of a residential school.
You are required to undertake a minimum of 500 hours of voluntary
off-campus clinical and sport placements during the three years of the program.
OTHER PROGRAM OF INTEREST
• Bachelor of Medical Science (Specialisation)
Back to Central Queensland University
To enrol and find out course fees, intake dates, entry requirements and more details about courses and the Institute please click on the Enquiry button and complete our form and one of our staff member will get back to you very soon.