- UB Mongolia branch

Australian Capital Territory

New South Wales

Northern Territory


South Australia



Western Australia

Student visa for Australia

The Australian Government allows people who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents to study in Australia. Anyone who is not an Australian resident may apply to study in Australia. You must obtain a student visa before you can commence a course of study in Australia.

You can be granted a student visa only if you wish to undertake a registered course or part of a registered course on a full-time basis. A registered course is an education or training course offered by an Australian education provider who is registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to overseas students.

You may undertake any course of study for less than three months on a visitor visa or working holiday visa. If you intend to study for more than three months, you must apply for a student visa.
There are advantages to applying for a student visa. If you are studying on a student visa you:

  • have access to Australia's subsidised student health cover
  • are able to study for more than three months
  • are generally able to change status to an overseas student in Australia, and
  • can apply for permission to work.

Students wanting to study in Australia can apply for a student visa after they have received a letter of offer or electronic confirmation of enrolment (eCoE) in relation to one or more full-time courses of study.

You should contact your local Australian Government office overseas to find out:

  • how to make your application, and
  • what your document requirements will be.

Generally, an international student is issued with a multiple entry visa for the duration of their study course in Australia. This allows you to travel backwards and forwards to Australia within the period for which it has been granted. Members of your immediate family (spouse and unmarried dependent children under 18 years of age) may accompany you to Australia and will be considered in the same visa class as yourself. If you wish to extend your stay in Australia for further study you will need to lodge an application for a further visa.
Student visa information on this website is an outline only and subject to change. For more detailed, accurate and up-to-date information on student visas and visa requirements please check the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) website.


Study Programs in Australia

Why Study in Australia

Work & Study

Visa Information

About Us

© 2017 Blue Water Study Service Pty Ltd Home| Copyright & Disclaimer | Privacy Policy Website by PaperWeb Design